David’s United Church of Christ in Canal Winchester is hiring! We are seeking a new financial secretary with 3-5 years experience. This is a paid position. Please send inquiries and resumes to email@example.com.
Provide financial bookkeeping for the church and financial administrative support to the church secretary.
***Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)***
1. Provide support to the Treasurer.
2. Oversees tracking monetary and other donations to the church,
3. Make Deposits
4. Preparing financial statements (Monthly)
5. Preparing and issuing payroll including filing taxes, and issuing W-2’s,
6. Balancing and closing financial accounts
7. Financial filing
8. Pay Invoices
9. Support Stewardship Committee as needed
10. Manage online giving
11. Oversee church windows software updates
12. Oversight of data entry volunteers
Education and Experience:
● This position requires a High school diploma or G.E.D.
● Five or more years as office manager or business manager.
● Financial/accounting experience (i.e., processing payroll, recording and balancing financial information).
Business Systems Knowledge:
● This position requires MicroSoft Office, Church Windows, or other comparable business software experience.
Communication & Teamwork Skills:
● Interpersonal communication skills including routine exchange of information via face-to-face contact or telephone. Skills in writing general memoranda, letters and/or routine reports as well as oral skills in dealing with external and internal customers. Use of broad vocabulary in communicating with others in conducting meetings or leading group discussions, writing detailed and sometimes complex reports, and/or reading and understanding detailed material. Ability to make presentations of a more persuasive nature to employees and/or customers and suppliers, negotiating complex contracts, and/or interpreting policies.
● Extensive ongoing coordination, communication, and/or team problem solving between departments or functional areas for work production or service quality. Manages projects. Projects generally last up to one month. Typically works on two or three projects at one time.
***Working Conditions & Physical Demands***
Works under generally desirable conditions. No travel is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
***Reporting Structure (by Job Code)***
Supv. or Mgr.:
Sr. Pastor of DUCC